Ingredients: 4 medium sized pork chop or pork loin approximately 0.75 lbs
1.5 Tbsp of Maggi sauce
1.5 Tbsp of soy sauce
2 Tbsp of rice wine
1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil
2 tsp of sugar
3-4 cloves of garlic finely minced
1/4 tsp of five spice
1/4 tsp of white pepper
1 egg beaten
1/2 cup of potato starch (sweet potato starch)
1. Using a meat mallet (the toothy side) tenderize the pork chop. Pounding it down evenly to less than 1/2" thick.
4. Beat an egg on one plate and place the potato starch in the other. Remove the pork chops from the marinade removing any excess marinade. Dip both sides of the pork chop first into the beaten egg then coated with the potato starch.
2. In a gallon freezer bag combine all the ingredients listed under "Marinade"
4. In a cast iron skillet heat 1/4" of oil to fry the pork chops. One at a time slowly lay the pork chop away from you and let it fry undisturbed for 4 minutes on each side until it is a beautiful golden brown.
3. Put the tenderized pork chops into the marinade and massage to thoroughly combine for a few minutes. Put the bag into the refrigerator for 4-12 hours
5. Place the fried pork chop for a few minutes on paper towels to soak up any excess oil. Serve over rice with a side of pickled mustard green 酸菜