Thyme crusted rack of lamb
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine Coating ingredients in a food processor and pulse until it's a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Salt and pepper the rack of lamb on both sides. Keep in mind that there is salt in the coating and salt in the mustard binder as well.
- In a cast iron skillet heat a tablespoon of olive oil on high heat and sear the rack on each side for 1 minute.
- Once the rack of lamb is seared, set aside and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the Dijon mustard and honey, then spread liberally on all sides of the rack of lamb except for the bone side.
- Carefully pat the crumbly Thyme coating mixture into the honey mustard so it becomes a nice crust around the lamb.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove then let rest for 15 minutes before cutting between chops and serving.