"gobble" up turkey pot pie
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and bake the pie crusts in the pie tins for 5-7 minutes then remove and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter on medium high heat in a large pan and saute the vegetables : peas, carrots, onions and corn until cooked through. Dish out and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remainder of the butter and when it starts bubbling and foaming slowly add in the flour little by little and mixing it as you go to form a roux.
- Continue to mix and cook the roux on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes smoothing out all the lumps of flour. The roux should still be a pale yellow.
- Once the roux is done, slowly drizzle in the half and half little by little, mixing at the same time until it becomes kind of a gluey looking paste.
- Then add in the chicken broth and mix until everything is smooth - then sprinkle in the celery seeds, ground black pepper, salt and thyme if you'd like.
- Bring to a simmer then add in the prepared vegetables, turkey and parsley.
- Simmer until the filling thickens and can coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the filling into the two already pre-baked pie crust tins.
- Lightly unroll the other ready to made pie crust and gently lay it over the pie tin. Pinch the edges and remove excess pie crust.
- You can use the tongs of the fork and make a little design on the edge of the pie crust.
- Make 5 slits on top of the pie and bake for 30 minutes until the you can see the filling bubbling through the slits.
- Let it stand for 15 minutes before serving - Enjoy!